The majority of this workout comes from the genius, Lo, at improveyourfemalecurves.com specifically from her 15 minute booty workout, but I’ve just expanded on it. I do this 3x a week.
Warm-up: 1 min jumping jacks. Squats- 15 reps, 3 sets.
- Step-ups, 20lbs (10 in each hand etc), 24lbs, 30lbs. 15, 12, 10 reps.
- Donkey Kicks, ankle weights, 15 reps each leg.
- Reverse Lunge, 24lbs, 15 reps per leg.
- Glute bridge, 25lbs, 25lbs, 35lbs. 12, 12, 10.
- Bulgarian squats, 10lbs plate, 8 reps each leg, 3x slowly.
- Hip/Thigh abductor machine, 90lbs, 100lbs, 110lbs. 15, 12, 10 reps.
- Normal squats, 25lb plate, 12 reps, 3 sets.
- Deadlifts, 60lbs, 10 reps, 3 sets.
- Side lunges, 30lbs, 8 reps each leg, 3 sets.
- Leg curls, 40lbs, 50lbs, 50lbs, 12, 10, 10 reps.
I follow Lo’s advice as far as having the milk+banana, milk+peanut butter, or protein shake post workout, and the eating a meal an hour to an hour and a half after the workout.
If you’re interested in doing this routine of course “ask your doctor” and don’t immediately jump into using the weights I use, try body weight first, and if that’s not challenging enough, then build up the weight until the moves are pushing you, but still manageable and not uncomfortable.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!
- (via phillups)